Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Navy Cherry Bombshell Dress by Vivien of Holloway

Having done pinup modeling since 2012, I'm almost embarrassed to admit that this is my first Vivien of Holloway dress that I have ever owned, but I'm sure this is just the beginning of what the future holds for my closet.

When I received the Navy Cherry Bombshell Dress, I found the pattern of the fabric to be lovely with cherries on it. I love the color combination of the red and navy together. It's made out of a sateen fabric, so there is a bit of a stretch to it, which always allows for that perfect hourglass fit.

A special thanks to Cardinal White Photography for working with me to showcase this vision at Frame Park.





One thing I absolutely love is the quality! The boning within the bodice really helps mold the shape. It also comes with a bolero, but if you choose to take it off, it has really cute double spaghetti straps. On me, they tended to be a little loose and wanted to fall down, but it was very simple to adjust them by taking them in a tad at the back of the bodice.


I've added a heart-shaped red belt as an accent, but Vivien of Holloway also has belts available on their website in a variety of colors. The cherry necklace I accessorized with is from Pinup Girl Clothing. Shoes are Swedish Hasbeens, and the red makeup bag is vintage.

My measurements are 32" in the bust, 26" in the waist, and 36" at the largest part around my hip and this dress is a size 10 and fits just right.  It retails for £99 on their website and they also have it available in black with cherries.


Another big shout out to Cardinal White Photography for helping to capture these wonderful images! Hair and makeup were both done by myself, and I look forward to adding more Vivien of Holloway to my retro collection in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment